Sunday, April 08, 2007

Cheung Chau Trip - 5.4.2007

On the 1st day of the 5-day long ching ming festival and easter holiday, I have been to Cheung Chau for a day. It only takes an hour to reach there by ferry. This time I had more time to explore this outlying island and tried much local food like red bean cakes and fish balls noodles. However, it was so unlucky that I fell down on a wet rock and hurt my bottom! Now I still feel painful as I think it takes me some time to recover.


Vase Rock along the coastline! Honeycomb weathering effect!

Cherry blossom outside Kwan Tai Pavilion!

Drying the shrimps along Tai Hing Tai Road

My itinerary:

9:50 am: Central Ferry Pier 5 > 10:50 am Cheung Chau Ferry Termninal > Kwun Yam Wan > Mini Great Wall (16 Rocks including Vase Rock, Human Rock, Elephant Rock, etc.) > Tin Hau Temple > Kwan Tai Pavilion > Cheung Chau Sai Tai Road > Cheung Po Tsai Cave > Reclining Rock > Sai Wan Tin Hau Temple > 7:30pm: Cheung Chau Ferry Terminal > 8:30 pm: Central Ferry Pier 5

Tourist map is available!

No comments: